- 1. Choose the right platform for you.
- 2. Sign up for a hosting plan that suits your needs and budget.
- 3. Choose a unique and relevant domain name.
- 4. Install an attractive template.
- 5. Populate and Publish your website.
A website is a crucial marketing tool for any business (see: https://tehillamedia.com/top-10-features-for-business-websites). To establish your brand and gain credibility for your products or services, you need a website (see: https://tehillamedia.com/increase-sales-during-the-pandemic).
1. Choose the right platform for you.
Many people use Content Management Systems to make a website. Wix alone has over 100 million subscribers, while Shopify recently passed 1.2 million. I prefer WordPress and it is the leading CMS and blogging platform to date.
In the early days of the internet, making a website required a working understanding of HTML (Hypertext Markup Language). Then CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) came along to make things even more confusing.
Website builders take care of the technical jargon and let you focus on design and content which make building a website no harder than assembling a PowerPoint presentation in some instances. (See: https://tehillamedia.com/website-support-and-maintenance)
2. Sign up for a hosting plan that suits your needs and budget.
Once you decide which CMS platform you prefer the next critical decision will be your Hosting service. Different host providers offer various plans to cater to various website needs and most importantly your budget. (See: https://tehillamedia.com/when-to-use-a-free-web-service)
The most notable features you will want to consider are subscription cost, hosting space, domain capability, database capability, email capability, and CMS installation capability.
3. Choose a unique and relevant domain name.
A domain name is a part of the URL (the site address in your browser’s search bar) that identifies your website (See: https://tehillamedia.com/domainhosting).
Here are a few rules of thumb when choosing a domain name.
- Make it relevant to your brand or service.
- Keep it short but memorable.
- Avoid numbers, dashes, and underscores.
- Keep it unique from other popular URLs.
Once you’re chosen a domain, buy it. Our hosting plans offer a Free Domain with your registration (see: https://tehillamedia.com/domainhosting)
4. Install an attractive template.
The power of CMS platforms like WordPress is the ability to change the entire website look and feel by simply using interface skins known as templates (see: https://tehillamedia.com/website). A template can give your website color, images, and a complete design layout. Some templates come with sample content and sample pages also. Once you choose your template, install it and configure it to your liking.
5. Populate and Publish your website.
Now that you have chosen your platform and installed a template, set up your hosting plan, and chosen a domain, you are ready to share your website with the world.
Here is a checklist to review before sharing your website with the public;
- Ensure your pages are free from errors.
- Ensure your content is formatted properly with no spelling errors.
- Ensure all your images and media are displayed properly.
- Test your website on various devices.
- Plan a launch and promote it to friends and affiliates for the best response.
For more information on our website services see: https://tehillamedia.com/website
- Website maintenance and updates - April 10, 2022
- How does an online store do shipping or delivery in Trinidad and Tobago? - April 3, 2022
- Why start an online store in Trinidad & Tobago? - March 27, 2022